Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Marriage

Before publishing this post, I spent some time trying to think of a creative and catchy title for it and nothing was coming to mind. It is a pretty straightforward post that doesn't need any flashiness, so simply entitling it 'Marriage' seemed fitting.

This coming Friday, the 23rd, Sean and I celebrate 5 years of marriage. As I look back over the past five years I think about who we were when we got married, and who we are now. I think about all that has happened in our lives, and all that will happen in the years to come. I think about how thankful I am that we found each other and get to be life partners. And I think about the vows we took, the commitment we made, and the promise to love, honor, respect, support, encourage and care for each other all our days.

There is a video that has been floating around Facebook for a few days now, maybe even a week, that seemed like something I would like to take a look at. This morning I finally got around to watching it, and I'm pretty sure it changed my life. It is an update on a married couple, Ian and Larissa Murphy, who were in the media a few years back, because people were stunned when Larissa chose to marry Ian, even though he had an accident which resulted in a life altering brain injury.

Here is the link to the video, which I strongly encourage everyone to watch. You will be amazed, touched and changed by this powerful story of love and commitment.


No comments:

Post a Comment