Sunday, February 22, 2015

DISNEYLAND: Day 3

Our third and final day began with saying our goodbyes to my family since they were all departing for home that day. As the four of us made our way to the parks (thinking we would start the day in CA Adventure) Declan told me he wanted to see Minnie Mouse. We had seen Minnie Mouse the previous days, but always from afar, never up close, so I told Sean that I wanted to take the kids into Disneyland first thing so that we could see her there. Once inside the entrance, I made a beeline for the spot where we had seen her before, and got up to the end of the short line of people waiting to see her. The very nice Cast Member who was attending to Minnie told me that he was actually cutting off the line because Minnie needed to take a break but would be back in about 5 minutes. I almost started to cry. I so badly wanted to make Declan's wish come true for him. It was really his only request the whole time we had been there. As I gathered my composure I remembered I had seen Minnie the other day coming down the street with the marching band, so I wheeled the kids in the stroller over to that area to see if she'd come out that way again. As we were waiting, Bert, from Mary Poppins came out and right over to my kids, squatting down to talk to them at their level. I squatted down as well to try and get them engaged with him, when out of my left peripheral vision I saw Micky Mouse standing over the stroller looking down at my kids!! I said "Look! It's Mickey!" They were a little stunned I think and didn't really have much of a response. Right after that, Bert said goodbye and Mickey wandered off and Minnie came out of the exact spot I thought she would. I said "There's Minnie Mouse!" and told the kids to go see her. She walked right towards Declan as he was getting out of the stroller and she greeted him, then grabbed his hand and took him for a little walk down the street. I couldn't even believe it. It was such a special, magical moment for all of us.



We then headed to CA Adventure as was originally planned, where we met up with Sean's uncle Mike and aunt Loris, who live in the LA area. We spent a good portion of the day in that park where we rode Toy Story Midway Mania, saw Donald Duck, rode Ariel's Undersea Adventure, and Monsters, Inc.






At this point we were ready for a break, so we got some smoothies, went to A Bug's Land, and let the kids play in the Puddle Park. Then we sat in the shade and had lunch, changed the kids clothes (they were soaking wet) and Sean took them to take a nap while I got to be on my own for a bit. I decided to go back into Disneyland, get an iced coffee (and a treat for the kids for later) and sit on Main St. One of my favorite things about Disneyland is Main St. It is just so full of that classic Disney feel. I love the sights and sounds that surround that area and enjoyed having some time to just absorb it all. So I sat in the shade and watched the characters, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Daisy, and Donald interact with each other and all the guests that came and went. It was pure magic. I then found a perfect spot along Main St. to watch the parade (again) and wait for the others to meet up with me. 





After watching the parade (which was just as exciting as the day before) we were pretty wiped out, so chose to do the Nemo Submarine again since the kids liked it so much, and then take the Monorail out of the park to Downtown Disney for dinner.




What an amazing time we had!! It was so exhausting, but so worth it. I am already planning our next trip...
whenever that may be.




No comments:

Post a Comment