Thursday, November 8, 2012

Declan Prepares for Baby

When I was a little girl, the doll Baby Alive was hugely popular, so of course I asked Santa for one. When Christmas morning came, I opened all my presents, but alas...no Baby Alive. I was crushed. Santa had always gotten me what I wanted before, why did he fail me this particular year?
Well, I came to find out, years later when I stopped believing in Santa, that my mom couldn't find one. Apparently they were SO popular that they were sold out in every store she went to. Surprisingly, last year for Christmas she bought me a Baby Alive. We both were delighted that I finally got the gift I never got as a child! She suggested I save it for Declan and I really liked that idea, so I did.

Every 6 weeks or so I recycle Declan's toys. I take the ones he's been playing with and exchange them for ones that have been in his closet. It's like he gets new toys without us having to buy any. While in his closet looking for which toys to take out, I came across the Baby Alive and decided that it was a great time to give it to him. When he got up from his nap he saw it (still in the box) and said "baby". Then he got to watch while I took her out of the box and hand her to him. He was so sweet. He just kept saying "baby" and giving her kisses. He even "shared" his snack with her!








I think he's going to make an amazing older brother, and what better way to prepare him for having a baby in the house than letting him play with this baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment