Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Month of April A.K.A The Month of Transition

I don't ordinarily blog about a specific month in the lives of myself, my husband and my children, but April has been quite an interesting and extraordinary month, on top of which, I haven't really blogged about what has been going on in our lives lately....so here it goes (in a nutshell).

The beginning of the month brought on lots of newspaper, boxes, Sharpie pens, and packing tape since I had put myself in charge of finishing up getting the house ready for escrow to close on the 10th.  I also had to pack in order for Declan, Inara and I to head down to CA to stay with my mom and visit family and friends for a week. Sean stayed back and focused on finishing up any last minute packing, so that on the 12th he would be ready to move the majority of our belongings to storage, and then move the rest to his mom's house (where we are staying for about 8 weeks). The day before I was set to head home from CA Sean called to tell me that our dog Elphie broke her leg, so that has been an unexpected hurdle and stressor to have to face amongst everything else going on. And of course there is the adjustment period that has left me emotional and sad, and on the verge of depression if I am being perfectly honest.

But, despite this being a month of transition for us, I am so proud that we continue to express the peace, love, joy, and happiness that is vital to the success and healthiness of my little family. God is, and continues to be, so very good to us. We are thankful to Him and His provision and guidance. And now we just wait because on May 28th escrow will close on the house we have purchased.




Here are some pictures to highlight the fun we have been having lately:


















No comments:

Post a Comment