Tuesday, March 13, 2012

30 Years of Memories

Today is my 30th birthday. I always thought turning 30 would be a really big deal especially because so many people struggle with the thought of being 30. It's one of those milestones that you look forward to. You know, the last one before everything goes down hill.
But today doesn't feel any different than other days. I woke up to the sound of my 6 month old baby boy talking to himself in his crib, and then we proceeded with our normal morning routine. And the rest of the day will be fairly normal as far as I can tell.
30 doesn't feel any different than 29 did. Although, I have a feeling my 30's will BE a lot different than my 20's were. As I reflect back on the 30 years that I have been alive, I am amazed at how much I have accomplished, how much I have seen of the world, and how blessed I have been.
There are hundreds of memories that I carry with me from my 30 years of life. A lot of them are happy childhood memories. Some are unpleasant preteen and teen memories. The most vivid are from the years I spent at Bible College and in San Jose, CA. But my absolute favorite memories are the one's I have made in the last 41/2 years, because it was 41/2 years ago that I met Sean Connolly and my life was changed forever. I can't believe how much has happened in that small span of time. A wedding, a baby, and a relocation. Just to mention a few.
I know that my 30's are going to be different because they are going to be the best years yet. I will have my husband and my children by my side, which is something I have always hoped and prayed for. And in the next 30 years we will be making memories that will put the last 30 years of memories to shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment