Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Home Sweet Home

When we first started making our plans to move from Klamath Falls to the Rogue Valley, Sean said that he thought we should buy a home instead of rent. I had never thought about possibly owning a home someday. I was perfectly content with renting and had no grandiose dreams of having a home of my own to do whatever I wanted with. But I was open to the idea. At least at first. Then as we started looking into the process and all that buying would entail, I became less open. I feared that it would wind up being much more expensive than we could afford and I started feeling panicky about coming up with a down payment. I also disliked the idea of having a mortgage. I know it's pretty much the same thing as paying rent, but it just scared me.
It felt so grown up. Buying a home is something adults do. Not us. Not a fairly newly married couple with a brand new baby and only one person bringing home the bacon.
But, as we looked at homes and worked with our relator, it became something that I was actually excited about. The kind of loan we got does not require a down payment and because we were looking at a town house in foreclosure, with a steal of a price tag, our mortgage wound up being much lower than anything we could find to rent in the area.
In the end, I came to the realization that the Lord had a plan all along, and we just had to step out in faith trusting that He would bring it all to pass. And of course He did.
We are so pleased with our choice and plan on living in the house for about 5 years before moving on and using it as a rental investment.





1 comment: