Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Most Beautiful Sound I've Ever Heard

I couldn't tell you what the most beautiful sound I ever heard was prior to 3 weeks ago. I can tell you what it is now. It is the word "Mama". When I first heard the word come out of Declan's mouth I thought it was a mistake or an accident. He's not even 6 months old, I said to myself. So I made it a point to listen closer and sure enough he continued to make the sounds, "Ma Ma". I laughed and cried at the same time. It was one of those moments where you are sure your heart is going to swell right out of your chest.
I of course encouraged the sound by repeating it after him every time he said it.
When we were in Portland 2 weeks ago, I was playing with him in our hotel room and he was saying Mama over and over and over. Then I wondered if I could get it on camera. The video below is what I was able to capture. (Sorry that it's sideways)


4 comments:

  1. I love your blog with all pictures and video of Declan. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I love it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious! I love his little raspy voice.

    ReplyDelete