Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Declan Stirling

Sometimes it's hard to believe that I have a child. I don't know if it's because I have taken care of so many children in my life and I think he is just one more to add to the list, or if I just haven't come to the full realization that I am a mother. Either way, it's mind boggling at times.
One thing I do know for a fact is that I love him more than anything in the world. My love for my baby started in utero, but came on the strongest soon after he was born. Since we didn't know what we were having, it was kind of hard to fall head over heals in love with our baby while I was carrying him/her. But about an hour or so after he was born, I was laying in the hospital bed, eating pancakes and Declan was laying skin to skin on Sean's chest and I remember feeling this sudden rush of emotion. I told Sean, with tears in my eyes, "I just love him so much!"
It is absolutely amazing to me how God designs women to love their children so profoundly. It's not even something that I have to try to do. My love for him just exists. And it always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment