Wednesday, March 21, 2012

On The Move

Declan has been trying to crawl for several weeks now, actually about a month. He will be up on all fours, then flop down to his tummy and proceed to an army type crawl. Up until last night, we've been putting a large blanket down on our living room rug for him to play and "crawl" on. When I sat him down this morning and went to get the blanket, he immediately flopped to his tummy, but I thought surely he won't get very far. When I came back with the blanket (which takes about 4 seconds), he was all the way across the room. So back to the basket the blanket went because I realized it will no longer contain my mobile son.
This is a bitter sweet time for me because it is the beginning of the "On the Move" phase. I call it that because it is the period in a child's life where they start to discover their mobility and test the waters of exploration within their expanding world. The beginning of their independence. and there is no stopping them!
It makes me tear up thinking about how much he has grown in just 6 short months. He is no longer my little baby whom I can contain in one safe place. He is active and curious and FAST!
Look out world, Declan is on the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment